Hello, dear readers. If you want to lose weight but do not want to go on exhausting diets, then you should read this article to the end. We have an interesting offer for you. This is a keto diet for weight loss. Did you know that recent studies show that not only sugar but also cholesterol is reduced in this diet? Haven't you heard that? Then it's time to find out about it, because it is a sure way to get rid of body fat and significantly improve your health without giving up most of your favorite dishes - meat, fish, seafood. Are you interested in an offer? Then read on!
What diet is and for whom it is suitable
What is the keto diet? This is a type of diet in which the intake of carbohydrates and proteins is significantly reduced, but the intake of fats is increased. BJU may look like this - 10%: 80%: 10%.
Essentially keto is a form of low carb or no carb diet. Its main goal is to achieve ketosis, ie the state of carbohydrate starvation of cells. But isn't it bad for your health? Yes, ketosis is undesirable because it has its side effects, but if you control its progress, you can take advantage of it. In addition, the state of ketosis is better known to the body than, say, overeating, because ketosis occurs at a certain stage of the hunger strike, which, as we know, was more acceptable and familiar to our ancestors than eating 5 timesper day.
Note! The keto diet is a safe alternative to starvation for weight loss, which is also based on ketosis.
How does weight loss work? Carbohydrates are the main source of energy. All cells need them, as does the brain. With a sharp decrease in carbohydrate intake, the level of glucose in the blood decreases, the body experiences a lack of energy (I wrote in more detail about carbohydrates, how much to eat per day and what diet to lose weight). He looks for alternative sources of "fuel", ketosis begins. As a result, fats are used for energy. With the beginning of the keto diet, they are no longer kept "in reserve", but are actively separated, which is what the slimmer needs.
Note! Ketosis begins on the second day of the carbohydrate-free diet. To achieve weight loss results, you must adhere to it for at least 3 months.
This food is suitable for men and women who have problems not only with weight but also with health. The keto diet is healing. It was originally developed to treat epilepsy, but was later used to treat other conditions, especially neurological and psychiatric:
- multiple sclerosis;
- Alzheimer's disease;
- Parkinson's disease;
- insulin resistance;
- hormonal disorders related to estrogen, progesterone and prolactin;
- deficiency of fat-soluble vitamins
Clinical studies have proven the effectiveness of diet even in the fight against cancer.
The keto diet was originally developed as a therapeutic method for the treatment of certain diseases. Its effectiveness is based on complex biochemical processes, and if something goes wrong, it is likely to have the opposite effect. Instead of benefit, you can harm the body.
Therefore, the diet can not be applied without consulting a doctor. He will tell you how to start eating properly with the least damage to your health.
Note! During the diet, the doctor may even order a test to determine the level of ketone bodies in the blood. High values are dangerous to health and are an indication to stop dieting.
The absolute contraindication for the keto diet is:
- immune deficiency condition;
- kidney disease;
- serious chronic gastrointestinal diseases;
To avoid unpleasant surprises, losing weight should definitely check your health before starting a diet.
Pros and cons
Keto diet for weight loss has advantages and disadvantages. It is worth knowing about them in advance so that there is no disappointment later.
Let's start with the virtues. There are a lot of them:The
- diet does not undergo significant changes, the menu changes, but not much;
- due to high enough calories in the food there is no feeling of hunger, reduces the likelihood of nervous breakdowns;
- you can sit for a long time on a keto diet, it does not harm your health;
- The result obtained remains forever (if you stick to proper nutrition all the time). The
- diet will provide the body with the necessary fat-soluble vitamins for a long time, vitamin D (I wrote about the importance of the vitamin for immunity and bones), A, E (vitamin of youth) and K (normalizes blood clotting).
Now we can talk about the shortcomings. For starters, the weight passes slowly. The first 2-3 weeks of significant changes should not be expected, but they certainly will be. If you completely give up carbohydrates or suddenly switch to a diet, then the following complications are likely:
- decreased mental capacity;
- exacerbation of pancreatitis.
It is necessary to understand that the keto diet cannot provide the body with a normal need for nutrients, as the ratio of BJU is disturbed. But all this is possible if the ratio of BJU is 10/80/10%. An unbalanced diet can lead to health problems. Due to the high fat content, liver problems are likely, and a lack of dietary fiber derived from vegetables and fruits leads to gastrointestinal disorders.
But! The latest mini-survey in a group of up to 100 people. and for a period of six months on a ketogenic diet showed:
- Weight loss.
- Lowering blood sugar.
- Reduce bad cholesterol.
For more details, see the video later in the article!
Girls, no large-scale and long-term studies have been conducted yet, so we don't know the effect of this diet on the body for longer periods!
What results can be achieved
How much and how much can you lose weight? The forecasts are promising. Even if you do nothing and leave the same calorie intake, but eat according to the principle of the keto diet, then in 3 months you can lose 10 kg. But this is not the maximum.
The result depends on the thinner one. If you start going to the gym and also reduce the calorie content, then the weight will disappear with the speed of the wind. However, it is important not to overdo it, drastic weight loss is a strong stress for the body, which can lead to health problems.
Important! The keto diet prohibits all strength sports and excessive physical activity, as muscles are deficient in "fuel".
Basic and forbidden foods
The menu must contain dishes prepared with approved products. What can you eat? It is worth choosing products from the list:
- meat - pork, beef, rabbit and poultry;
- lard, offal;
- fish - sea fat;
- seafood - mussels, shrimps, squid;
- nuts - almonds, pistachios, walnuts;
- sunflower, olive oil;
- low-fat milk, butter, fermented dairy products - cream, yogurt, kefir, cottage cheese, hard cheese;
- vegetables - mushrooms, cucumbers, zucchini, cabbage, spinach, lettuce, herbs;
- fruits - avocados, citrus fruits, apples.
The regimen may remain the same, three or four meals a day are suitable, but the last meal should be no later than 2-3 hours before bedtime. Portion volume should also be reduced, but the amount of test fluid should be up to 1, 5 liters per day.
Foods high in carbohydrates are prohibited. Don't eat a list:
- fruits (except permitted);
- vegetables high in starch;
- dried fruits;
- sugar, sweet and sour milk products;
- chocolate, pastries;
- flour, cakes, pastries;
- cereals, bran;
- semi-finished products, fast food;
- alcoholic, carbonated and sweet drinks.
When eating fruits and vegetables, the daily intake of carbohydrates should not exceed 20-50 g.
When compiling the menu for the week, it is necessary to correctly calculate the BJU, as the effectiveness of the diet depends on it. To avoid the feeling of hunger or apathy to food, it is worth to diversify the diet, to prepare new dishes.
The menu for each day may look like this:
- Monday.Breakfast - 2 eggs, boiled or fried in sunflower oil. You can eat avocado for a snack. Lunch - stewed zucchini, seasoned with cream, a portion of chicken. Dinner - minced beef, fermented roasted milk.
- Tuesday.Breakfast - cottage cheese with sour cream. Lunch - fish soup, carrot salad, grated cheese and walnuts. Dinner is stew.
- Wednesday.Breakfast - ham omelette. Lunch - mushrooms baked with cheese, lettuce. Dinner - fish stew.
- Thursday.Breakfast - cheesecakes. Lunch - chicken broth, boiled egg. Dinner - pork chop, kefir.
- Friday.Breakfast - sandwich with ham and cheese. Lunch - mushroom broth, chicken meatballs. Dinner - zucchini pancakes, a piece of hard cheese.
- Saturday.Breakfast - scrambled eggs. A handful of nuts for breakfast. Lunch - fish soup, vegetable stew. Dinner - boiled beef, cabbage salad.
- Sunday.Breakfast - sandwich with butter and salmon. Lunch - roast chicken, apple. Dinner - fish cakes, yogurt.
This is a sample menu, you can make your own adjustments. If your imagination is really bad, then you should contact a nutritionist. He will give reasonable recommendations.
Keto recipes for weight loss
Recipes for delicious and easy to prepare dishes:
- Cottage cheese salad.You will need 100 g of crumbly cottage cheese, 2 teaspoons of flax and sesame seeds, a handful of spinach. Place the herbs on the bottom of the bowl, then add the remaining ingredients. You can fill 1 tbsp cream.
- Vegetable stew with chicken.Only allowed vegetables are taken for the dish. In our case, these are zucchini, cabbage, some carrots and onions. Chop the vegetables, add the fried chicken fillet, season with herbs and olive oil, simmer for 1 hour.
- Lazy stuffed cabbage rolls.Cook minced meat - all kinds of minced meat, grated carrots, minced onions and cabbage. Form cabbage rolls, place them on a baking sheet and bake for 40-60 minutes.
Lose weight with minimal damage to health. Use only safe products. Do not use capsules for weight loss, as they cause great harm to the body.